Climate Strategies: The What, Why, How of Regenerative Organic Certification
- Saturday, 03/10/2018: 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM
- Room: Marriott, Platinum Ballroom 4
The relationship between agriculture and climate change is undeniable, but what are the comprehensive agricultural strategies to reversing our current climate trend?
This panel will address climate strategies through the lens of newly released Regenerative Organic Certified (ROC) standards. The ROC is a holistic agriculture certification encompassing robust and high-bar standards for ensuring soil health and ecological land management, pasture-based animal welfare, and fairness for farmers and workers. It was developed on the foundations of existing high-bar standards with the urgency of climate action in mind.
Join us for a panel discussion with industry leaders who developed the ROC standards, to learn 1) What the standards technical foundation is, 2) Why the ROC is the leading certification of its kind, and 3) How business can become certified.
1) What the Regenerative Organic Certification is
2) Why the Regenerative Organic Certification was developed
3) How businesses, farmers and ranchers can become certified as Regenerative Organic