Natural Products Business School
- Wednesday, 03/07/2018: 7:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Room: Marriott, Marquis Ballroom North
The Natural Products Business School is a full day of learning and networking purpose-built for emerging brands. The Business School provides an opportunity to connect with an ecosystem of service providers and potential investors, as well as gain impactful insights from a fantastic line-up of industry experts on scaling your brand and managing the changes ahead for a fast-growing industry.
Cost: $295 Exhibitors / $395 Attendees
Purpose-Driven Business: From Idea to Impact
7:00 - 8:15am Registration & Networking
Light Breakfast Included
8:15 - 8:20am Welcome
- Carlotta Mast, New Hope Network
8:20 - 8:30am Opening Remarks
- Chris Fenster, Propeller Industries
8:30 - 9:00am Keynote Kickoff
The day begins with our keynote, Shazi Visram, Founder and ChairMom of Happy Family Organics, one of the largest and fastest growing organic baby food brands in the U.S. She has been lauded by former U.S. President, Barack Obama, as an outstanding businesswoman and has built a company with mission in mind focused on sustainable farming practices and innovative solutions for a healthier planet.
- Shazi Visram, Happy Family Organics
9:00 - 9:40am Building a Brand from Scratch
In this conversation, we'll discuss setting the right priorities from day one, as you build a great brand.
- Adam Lowry, Ripple Foods
- Luke Raymond, VMG Creative
9:40 - 10:20am Packaging & Design As Your Brand Evolves
This panel discussion will focus on deciding when you are ready for branding partnerships, developing a voice in your brand story and educating consumers through packaging and design. Two agencies, two brands; lots of lessons learned along the way.
- Moderator: Adam Butler, The Butler Bros
- Fred Hart, Interact Boulder
- Norah Eddy, Salty Girl Seafood
- Perry Fields, Frau Fowler
10:20 - 10:40am A Case Study in Rebranding & ROI
How to listen, gain insight and win using customer feedback and data.
- Serafina Palandech, Hip Chick Farms
10:40 - 11:10am Head Meet Heart: The Role of Intuition in Branding
Exploring humanity in branding and the importance of staying close to your story.
- Adam Butler, The Butler Bros
11:10 - 11:50am Storytelling & Brand Equity: When Life Gives You Lemons
13-year-old Mikaila Ulmer, Founder & CEO of Me & The Bees Lemonade, will discuss brand equity and what she's learned on her inspiring startup journey.
- Mikaila Ulmer, Me & The Bees Lemonade
11:50am - 12:00pm Mid-Morning Recap
- Chris Fenster, Propeller Industries
12:00 - 12:40pm Networking Lunch
12:40 - 1:00pm What’s your Why? Articulating Brand & Product Proposition in Real Time
This interactive session includes an introspective questionnaire to help jump-start structuring your brand's story and value proposition into a concise and actionable purpose statement.
- Adam Spriggs, Nucleus Maximus
1:00 - 1:40pm Branding & The Bottom Line
In this conversation, we'll explore the changing priorities of a branding and packaging strategy over a company's lifecycle as cost constraints evolve and markets expand.
- Moderator: Chris Fenster, Propeller Industries
- Luke Vernon, Ridgeline Ventures
- Alison Ryu, CircleUp
- Bob Burke, Natural Products Consulting
1:40 - 2:00pm Rooting Brand Identity in Business for Good
- Mark Rampolla, Powerplant Ventures
2:00 - 2:20pm Afternoon Inspiration: A Conversation with Walter Robb
- Walter Robb, Former Co-CEO Whole Foods Market
2:20 - 2:25pm Partner Spotlight
2:25pm - 2:30pm Intro Collaboration Lab
2:30 - 4:30pm Collaboration Lab
This participatory workshop, hosted with Conscious Brands, will help you to cultivate strong relationships beyond the business card and grant you a volume of best practices / industry wisdom to take back to your team.
- Matt Mayer, Conscious Brands
- Rob Sinclair, Conscious Brands
Join us at 5:00PM for the Pitch-Slam Semi-Finals Competition.